5-minute Easy Vegan Tacos
Healthy and delicious 5-minute easy vegan taco recipe. Satisfying, delicious, quick tacos, loaded with healthy fillings that you can easily customize.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 grilled corn on the cob, husked or canned corn equivalent
- 1 cup or 170 grams cooked black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup or 120 grams quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 lime wedges
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- your favorite hot chili sauce, to taste
Assemble your tacos: Distribute corn, black beans, avocado slices, quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped onion and parsley among tortillas. Season with ground cumin, lime juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with your favorite hot chili sauce. Enjoy!
- These vegan tacos are best consumed fresh but can be stored in the fridge for about 2 days. Better store the ingredients separately in airtight containers. Eat warm or cold.
- Make them ahead by chopping all the ingredients that need to be chopped. That way you can assemble them right before serving that will save you time.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: Be sure to use gluten-free corn or quinoa tortillas.
MAKE IT VEGETARIAN: Add crumbled feta or grated cheddar cheese.
MAKE IT QUICK: Prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and assemble before serving.
- Use corn tortillas instead of whole wheat tortillas.
- You can substitute guacamole for avocados, chipotle corn salsa or canned (frozen and thawed) corn for grilled corn and fresh tomato salsa for cherry tomatoes. If you are doing that, you won’t need extra red onions for toppings.
- Add vegan protein from the options suggested above.
- Customize your vegan tacos with your favorite veggies, leftovers like roasted mushrooms or tofu, vegan cheese, etc.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3mg