Smoky Tempeh Marinade
If you’ve been looking for a great vegan alternative to bacon with a perfectly balanced smoky flavor– look no further. This super simple BBQ tempeh marinade combined with the soaking ability of tempeh is going to change your breakfast table forever.
Servings 6 servings
Nutrition information includes tempeh and is calculated per serving.
- This recipe works well with batch cooking. The marinade keeps well in the fridge in a closed jar for up to 1 month.
- Consider making marinated tempeh a day ahead. You can marinate the tempeh for up to 24 hours.
- If the marinade is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water.
- For more creative recipe ideas check these 20 best tempeh recipes.
- Avocado oil or other neutral oils can be substituted for sesame oil. If you don’t want to use oil, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the marinade instead.
- Use agave syrup or other sweetener of your choice instead of the maple syrup.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg