Vegan BLT Tempeh Sandwich
This Vegan Tempeh Sandwich is whole lot healthier than your traditional BLT, but you’re guaranteed to be just as satisfied after your plate is polished off.
Servings 4 servings
Slice avocado in half, pit it and use a fork to mash the flesh to make it spreadable. Spread about a quarter of avocado on a slice of bread, add a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato following 2-3 vegan tempeh bacon strips. Cover with another slice of bread. Continue with the rest of the sandwiches. Enjoy!
- Make the vegan tempeh bacon in a large batch. It keeps well for up to a month in the fridge.
- Toast the bread beforehand for an extra crunch.
- For another smoky, vegan sandwich idea check out my vegan pulled jackfruit sandwich. Jackfruit is another plant-based meat alternative and wonder ingredient. Because of its soaking abilities, and its stringy, meat-like texture it makes a fantastic pulled pork substitute. I love it piled high on a toasted bun and served with a crisp coleslaw.
- For other creative vegan sandwich ideas check my Mediterranean vegan bagel sandwich with baba ganoush and vegan sloppy joes.
- Make sure to check my ultimate guide on how to cook tempeh that I put together and discover more delicious ways to cook tempeh! For more creative recipe ideas check these 20 best tempeh recipes.
- Add some cucumber for more bite or try a different spread. Spice it up with chili flakes or add a dollop of vegan mayo.
- Try it on delicious homemade whole meal bread. Your home will smell amazing.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3883IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 3mg