Easy Homemade Vegan Cashew Mayo
This smooth and creamy oil-free vegan mayo is an absolute delight. It’s the perfect base to any homemade salad dressing, dip, or sandwich spread.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked, see notes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- about 1/3 cup water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place soaked cashews, apple cider vinegar, mustard, agave syrup, nutritional yeast into a high-speed blender and pulse until smooth.
Gradually add water until the dressing looks as thick as mayonnaise.
Taste and season with salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Use this method to quickly soak your cashews, otherwise soak them in water overnight.
- Vegan mayo can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.
- If it’s too thick, simply add a bit of water.
- Use this vegan mayonnaise as a salad dressing, spread or dip. It's perfect for vegan coleslaw and a great addition to vegan jackfruit sandwich.
- You can use any other sweetener instead of maple syrup: agave juice, date syrup or molasses.
- You can add lemon or lime juice in place of apple cider vinegar for this vegan mayo.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg