Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich
This warm, juicy vegan jackfruit sandwich will satisfy your cravings for BBQ pulled pork and comfort food in one go. Try this easy and delicious vegan sandwich packed with nutrients and fiber!
Servings 4 sandwiches
Cost $3 per serwing
Assemble the sandwiches with layers of pulled jackfruit and cabbage slaw. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Smear the top half of the bun with leftover vegan cashew mayo for extra creaminess (optional). Alternatively, fill pulled jackfruit and cabbage slaw in wraps or tacos.
- Not in the mood for hamburger buns? Or are you looking for a gluten free option? This vegan pulled pork filling also works well in tacos, or your choice of wrap.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. Please store the pulled jackfruit, the slaw and the buns separately!
- Serve leftover coleslaw as a side dish for these sandwiches.
- Other sides can include salads like Mexican chopped salad, vegan Waldorf salad, potato wedges or French fries.
- Skip the parsley or use any other herbs or leafy greens of your choice like kale or lettuce.
- Serve it with any type of buns, rolls, wraps or toast bread. The filling is perfect for sliders.
- As a coleslaw dressing you can use my favorite tahini buddha bowl dressing for an extra burst of flavor!
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 1123mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 5328IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 5mg