Healthy Waldorf Salad with Apple Vinegar Dressing
This healthy Waldorf salad is a vegan take on the classic Waldorf salad. Deliciously creamy apple cider vinegar dressing is used instead of mayonnaise for a lighter and fresher version. Perfect for your Labor Day vegan menu!
Servings 4 servings
For the dressing:
- 1 cup cashews soaked (to quickly soak your cashews, use this method)
- 2 tablespoons North Coast organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- about 1/3 cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Waldorf salad:
- 8 oz or 220 g red seedless grapes about 1 1/2 cups
- 3-4 crisp apples
- 3/4 cup or 95 g walnuts toasted
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 5-8 leaves fresh lettuce
Make the dressing:
Start by making the dressing. Place soaked cashews, apple cider vinegar, mustard, agave syrup, nutritional yeast into a high speed blender and pulse until smooth gradually adding water until the dressing looks as thick as mayonnaise. Try and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Instead of serving the salad on a bed of lettuce, you can chop the lettuce leaves and toss them in the salad.
If you don't plan to serve the salad immediately after you've made it, store it separately from the walnuts and the dressing in the fridge for up to 3 days. Combine directly before serving.
The excessive dressing can be used for as a dip or spread for sandwiches and wraps.
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4.2mg