The Best Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
The Best Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Recipe is wholesome, delicious and easy to make. Comforting and healthy freezable dinner packed with nutrients and flavors!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups navy beans soaked overnight or two 14 oz cans cooked beans
- 2 cups black beans soaked overnight or two 14 oz cans cooked beans
- 1 cup grain mix a combo of wheat berries, rye, spelt, millet and barley (see notes below), soaked overnight
- 1 big yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup or 14 oz can sweet corn
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 14 oz cans tomato sauce
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 red chili peppers or jalapenos, adjust the hoteness to your liking
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground bell pepper to taste
- Vegan yogurt, avocados, lime and tortilla chips to serve
Start with soaking your beans and grains in water overnight. If you don't have time for that, just use canned beans and quinoa.
Dice the onion and bell peppers. Mince the garlic and chili peppers (I used two but if you like it hot, add more).
Put all the prepared ingredients in your slow cooker. Add sweet corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and vegetable broth, as well as cumin, sweet paprika, bay leaves, salt and black pepper. Stir everything well to combine.
Cook on high for 6-8 hours or until cooked through. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Serve hot with a spoonful of vegan yogurt, chopped avocados, jalapenos, lime and tortilla chips. Let cool and freeze in zipper bags for up to 3 months if desired. Enjoy!
- You can store this chili for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- This chili is perfect for meal prep. Freeze it for up to 3 months in freezer bags and reheat on the stove or in the microwave. Add a bit of water or vegetable stock if it's too thick.
- Use leftover cooked beans for this chili for a quick and nutritious meal. Just throw the rest of the ingredients in your crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Use other types of beans that you like in place of black and navy beans.
- If you don't have time for soaking, just use canned or cooked beans. In this case the cooking time reduces to 3-4 hours (on high).
- You can use any combination of the above-mentioned grains like uncooked quinoa or skip the grains and add lentils.
- Cook this vegan chili on the stovetop for around 1 hour instead of using the slow cooker.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1385IU | Vitamin C: 34.3mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.7mg