Welcome to Happy Kitchen.Rocks! It’s very nice to meet you! My name is Elena Szeliga. I am the Germany-based recipe developer, cook and photographer behind the food blog Happy Kitchen.Rocks.
My blog is all about whole, seasonal, delicious and healthy international food that is easy to make. I use non-processed natural ingredients, seasonal fruits and veggies, whole grains and lots of spices and herbs. I embrace the healthful nutrition and delicious food and I enjoy sharing my recipes with my readers. You will find a lot of healthy Russian and Eastern European recipes on my blog, as well as easy weeknight dinners and delicious and healthy desserts.
About my blog
I launched Happy Kitchen.Rocks in August 2015, as a way to combine my passion for cooking with my love of styling and photography. I’m very excited and thrilled to share my cooking experience with the world. I’ve started this blog to inspire you to cook delicious and healthy food, practical for everyday life. I share recipes, cooking tips and tricks, as well as nutritious information for every recipe on my blog. I believe that everyone can cook mouth-watering dishes, without years of experience and fancy kitchen equipment. All you need is some tips and a bit of guidance, as well as inspiration and enthusiasm. I’d love to share my passion for cooking with you and to guide you through the meals, I’m sure you would love, too. Explore them now, and you will be surprised to find out how many delicious meals there are for you to catch up!
I like to be adventurous in the kitchen, try new things, combine, experiment and explore. I like to make food look pretty. I like to reinvent classic and well-loved recipes. I like to eat healthy and to cook light meals without loss in taste. I like fusion and multi-cultural experiments. I like to do healthy recipe makeovers trying to turn well-loved but unhealthy meals into something nutritious but still delicious. I like to have fun in the kitchen. I like it, when I don’t have to wash the dishes 🙂
I like the way food brings people together, reminds us of our roots, connects cultures and carries out history, while being vibrant and changeable over time. It’s such a joy to share a homemade meal with your loved ones. And it’s so rewarding to receive compliments for your cooking! I hope that you will discover a lot of new recipes, which you and your family will enjoy, having a wonderful time cooking and eating together.
I’m a Russian girl, married to a German guy with a Polish last name, whom I met in Indonesia, being a student of the university in Prague… How much more international could it be? My inter-cultural marriage and expatriate lifestyle enriched my food experience a lot. I started to cook every day, when I moved from Moscow to Prague in 2012, to study politology. I bought 2 knives, a spoon, a fork, a couple of plates, a pan and a pot, and I shared a kitchen with a dozen of my dormmates. But my real immersion into cooking was after I moved to my husband, who lives in Hamburg. Since then, I’ve never stopped to improve. I keep discovering more and more interesting things about food combinations, nutritious side of cooking and local and seasonal food of our region. And I cook a lot.
I like fresh herbs, so I always keep them on my balcony. I like vanilla, mint, chocolate, spices, tomatoes, cheese and basil. When I first tried to toast cumin, cloves and garam masala in a pan, I immediately fell in love with this smell. You should try it, too!
My hobbies are cooking (surprise, surprise!), handcrafting and traveling. I’ve never been to Japan so far, and I think that Moscow sushi are the best (I know, prove me wrong!). I speak Russian, English, French, Czech and a bit of German. I like board games, Russian classic literature, bicycling, amusement parks, being close to nature, my cats and my husband. He is my official recipe tester and the toughest critic. No recipe is published on this blog without his approval.
- Better Homes and Gardens 6 Delightful Butternut Squash Recipes You Need to Try (Roasted Butternut Squash Soup)
- BuzzFeed 18 Quick Meals You Won’t Believe Are Vegetarian (Vegan Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce)
- BuzzFeed Spring Has Sprung! It’s Time For Tasty And Seasonal Asparagus Recipes (Baked Asparagus Cannelloni)
- BuzzFeed 21 Delicious Holiday Snacks To Impress Your Healthy Guests (Georgian Eggplant Rolls with Walnuts)
- BuzzFeed 17 Fruity Desserts To Try This Spring (Russian Easter Paskha)
- BuzzFeed 20 Ways To Use All Of That Summer Sweet Corn (Vegan Mexican Chopped Salad with Avocado Dressing)
- FeedFeed Fermented Food Russian Style Homemade Sauerkraut
- FeedFeed Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipes Healthy Cinnamon Sweet Potato Rolls
- Parade 31 Recipes Featuring Fall’s Secret Ingredient: Beer (Northern German Fall Stew)
- Parade 23 Awesome Vegetarian Grilling Recipes The Whole Family Will Love (Grilled Corn On The Cob)
- Parade 19 Homemade Chocolates That Are Perfect For Gift Giving (Three Chocolate Truffles Recipes)
- Reader’s Digest UK 10 Mouth-Watering Plum Recipes (Tkemali – Georgian Plum Sauce)
- Reader’s Digest UK 10 Recipes with Va-Va-Voom for Your Valentine (Blood Orange Crème Brûlée)
- Readers’s Digest UK 10 Easter Recipes to Feed a Crowd (Natural Egg Die with Onion Skins 5 Ways)
- MSN.com 15-minute New Year’s Eve appetizers so you can get this party started (Baked Figs with Goat Cheese)
- Brit.co 12 Alternatives to Cranberry Sauce That Still Go Great With Turkey (Tkemali – Georgian Plum Sauce)
- Brit.co 19 Easy Fall Appetizers for Your Friendsgiving Celebration (Baked Figs with Goat Cheese)
- Brit.co 18 Ways to Get Some Chia in Your Day – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts)
- Brit.co 15 Breakfast Bar Recipes to Grab ‘n’ Go on Weekday Mornings (Healthy Chewy No Bake Granola Bars)
- Brit.co 15 Brunch Recipes Perfect For Rainy Spring Days (Green Shakshuka)
- Gourmandize 26 Ways to Eat Salmon That Aren’t Boring (Salmon Quiche with Pears and Camembert)
- PureWow 18 Healthy Soup Recipes You Need in Your Life This Winter (Roasted Butternut Squash Soup)
- SheKnows.com 27 Vegan entrées for a deliciously meatless holiday meal (Roasted Butternut Squash with Chickpeas)
- SheKnows.com 18 Ways to ferment produce this spring (Russian pickled tomatoes)
- SheKnows.com 15-minute New Year’s Eve appetizers so you can get this party started (Baked Figs with Goat Cheese)
- Honest Cooking Russian Syrniki Cheese Pancakes and Strawberry Sauce
- Honest Cooking How to Make Russian Pancakes
- Honest Cooking Blood Orange Crème brûlée
- Choose To Cook Vegetarian Diet: 9 Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Ritely.com Treat Your Guests With 30 Healthy Party Foods They’ll Absolutely Love (Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Peanut Miso Dip)
- I Heart Naptime Top 50 School Lunches and Snacks (Vegan Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce)
Please contact me if you’d like to learn more about sponsored posts or other opportunities. Current media kit is available upon request. I look forward to working with you!
If you read my blog, you probably like cooking, so we already have a lot in common. I’d love to be connected with you by email: email@example.com or via Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Subscribe to my email list to get a free e-book “How To Cook Without a Recipe” and receive a weekly newsletter with my latest recipes, straight to your inbox.
I’m always happy to receive feedback from my readers. Drop me a line if you have any questions or just leave a comment in my blog. If you would like to share my content on your website, please be sure to post a link to my blog to credit my work. If you made my recipe and would like to share it on the web, please mention my blog name @HappyKitchen.Rocks and use the hashtag #HappyKitchen.Rocks, so I can see it, too.
All content on this food blog, including recipes and pictures are copyrighted to HappyKitchen.Rocks. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request publishing rights or to use, purchase or republish my photography.
For advertisement, book/product reviews, sponsored posts or freelance work related to recipe development, photography and styling, write me an email at email@example.com. Please, take into account that I am based in Hamburg, Germany at the moment.
Thank you for stopping by!