Easy Vegan Coleslaw
This creamy, colorful and crunchy vegan coleslaw with homemade cashew mayo is an ideal salad for your next BBQ, potluck or taco night.
Servings 4 servings
- 7 oz or 200 g purple cabbage shredded
- 3.5 oz or 100 g shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup or 1 batch vegan cashew mayo
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To soften the cabbage and to get the excess moisture out of it, toss it with a bit of salt and let it sit in a colander for about an hour before squeezing out any excess moisture. Alternatively, just scrunch it with your hands after you add salt until juices start to come out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge separately from the dressing for up to 3 days. If the cabbage releases liquid, drain it before putting in the salad.
- Pair this salad with tacos, sloppy joes, chili, corn on the cob, sandwiches (best vegan pulled jackfruit sandwich), baked potatoes, vegan pulled pork or as a filling in wraps. Enjoy it as an easy and delicious side dish perfect for potlucks and summer BBQ.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4866IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg