Vegan Rice Bowl with Smoky Tempeh
This vegan rice bowl with smoky tempeh makes for a great hot dinner and cold lunch on the go. Easy to make, high in protein, and absolutely delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup baked tempeh
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup tahini buddha bowl dressing
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds to garnish
- Microgreens to garnish optional
Evenly distribute brown rice, carrots and tempeh between the bowls. Cut avocados in halves, pit them and slice through. Scoop the slices with a tablespoon and put ½ avocado in each bowl.
Drizzle with tahini buddha bowl dressing. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with black sesame seeds and microgreens (optional). Enjoy!
Cook’s Top Tips
- Use this tutorial from Saveur for the fluffiest brown rice you've ever had.
- You can make these bowls 3 days in advance. Store them in an airtight container separate from the dressing, avocados and garnishes. Assemble right before serving.
- These vegan bowls are great if you have leftover veggies and rice.
- Check other delicious tempeh recipes here.
- Use any other grains instead of brown rice: quinoa, barley, millet, buckwheat, bulgur, couscous or simply white rice.
- Baked tempeh can be substituted for tempeh bacon.
- Use any other veggies of your choice instead/ in addition to shredded carrots: broccoli, bell peppers, snap peas, purple cabbage, sweet corn, etc.
- Use roasted garlic dressing or vegan mayo in place of tahini dressing.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8186IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg