Mexican Raw Vegan Bowls with Guacamole Dressing Served in Cabbage Leaves: Easy and healthy snack full of Mexican flavors, nutrients and veggie goodness.
These refreshing raw vegan bowls full of Mexican flavors are mess-free, super tasty and full of nutrients. I mean, you don’t even need actual bowls to serve them – just use red cabbage leaves instead!
If you follow my blog for a while, you know that we have renovations in our kitchen. I’m excited to announce that we expect it to be ready by the end of this week! I have SO many new ideas and I’m looking forward to implement them as soon as I can! It’s been a month since we started the renovations, so I had to make simple dishes with my small portable double burner. I was fine with that but I really would like to be able to bake again 🙂 But in fact, you win some, you lose some. I must say that there are very delicious and easy dishes that I discovered thanks to this situations, like for example green pesto pasta, beetroot risotto and spaghetti and vegan meatballs, alongside with raw vegan no-bake gluten-free brownies I made for our wedding anniversary this week (check the pictures on my Facebook page).
I also made these Mexican raw vegan bowls with guacamole in cabbage leaves mainly because they are mess-free and loaded with veggies. They also are very tasty, tart thanks to the purple cabbage, sweet from corn, carrots and bell peppers, bound together with creamy guacomole with hot jalapeno and lime juice. It takes less than 20 minutes to make them and they make for a nutritious vegan meal or a nice starter salad for your Cinco de Mayo celebration party or Mother’s day brunch. By the way, I put together a list of Mother’s Day gifts for chefy moms, from a KitchenAid stand mixer to a grain mill bundle, a spice set, and a food photography course. Make sure your mom gets the best!
Back to the recipe of the Mexican raw vegan bowls with guacomole. To make them, boil the beluga lentils first. They take about 15 minutes. If you want, you can totally substitute black beans for them. To make the bowls, start by pulling off the outer cabbage leaves. You might want to take a smaller purple cabbage head, so that your boats will be about a medium taco size. Pull as many leaves, as you want boats. When you are done pulling the leaves, shred the rest of the cabbage, transfer to a medium-sized bowl and knead it for about 1 minute with a bit of salt. Grind a carrot, chop a red bell pepper and shave about half of the corn off the cob. Add the veggies to the shredded cabbage.
Then make an easy guacamole dressing: pulse 1/2 avocado, juice of 1/2 lime (or more if you want a more liquid consistency), 1 clove garlic, some extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 jalapeno pepper in a food processor. Add salt, black pepper to taste. Once the lentils are done, drain them and combine them with the veggie mixture. Stuff the purple cabbage leaves with it, put some sliced avocado on top and pour the guacamole dressing. Garnish with slice jalapeno and some more lentils. Serve with lime wedges. Check the full recipe below and enjoy these easy and delicious Mexican vegan bowls!
Mexican Raw Vegan Bowls with Guacamole
For the bowls:
- 100 grams or 1/2 cup beluga lentils
- 1 small purple cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper
- 1/2 corn cob
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper chopped (to garnish)
- 4 lime wedges to serve
For the guacamole dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 shallot
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the beluga lentils according to the instructions on the package (usually for 15 minutes). Pull 8 outer cabbage leaves off the cabbage head. Shred the rest of the cabbage, transfer 2 cups to a medium-sized bowl keeping the rest for other dishes. Knead it for about 1 minute with salt. Grind a carrot, chop a red bell pepper and shave about half of the corn off the cob. Add the veggies to the shredded cabbage.
- Make an easy guacamole dressing: pulse 1/2 avocado, lime juice, garlic, shallot, some extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 jalapeno pepper in a food processor. Add some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Once the lentils are done, drain them and combine with the veggie mixture. Stuff the purple cabbage leaves with it, put some sliced avocado on top and pour the guacamole dressing. Garnish with sliced jalapeno and some more lentils. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
What is your favorite raw vegan bowl? Leave a comment below!