Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Beluga Lentils and Feta Cheese: Easy, healthy, gluten-free and comforting vegetarian dinner with minimum efforts!
If you are looking for an easy “go-to” dinner recipe which is also healthy, gluten-free, meatless and delicious, here you go: Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Beluga Lentils and Feta Cheese. It takes around 40 minutes with minimum efforts and ingredients and it tastes so good! Sweet potatoes bring nice sweetness, while beluga lentils are pleasantly bitter and nutty and feta cheese gives a sour and salty touch. Sweet potatoes are tossed with garlic and rosemary, then roasted until crispy from the outside and powdery from the inside, making a great combo with chewy lentils and creamy feta cheese that binds everything together.
It’s amazing how healthy this casserole is. Sweet potatoes are known for their high beta-carotene content, as well as vitamin C, anti-inflammatory nutrients, antioxidants and blood sugar-regulating nutrients. Being a superfood, which is also low-caloric, lentils contain a lot of protein, vitamins and minerals. This dinner is unusual and fresh, so if you’d like to diversify your diet, it’s a good idea to make it for a weekday dinner next time. It’s so easy and so delicious that you will find yourself making it over and over again once you try it. It’s very filling, comforting and wholesome. You only need three ingredients I’ve already mentioned, as well as a lug of olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. That’s it!
Food doesn’t have to be difficult to make and contain a lot of ingredients to taste good. If you are interested in learning more about combining ingredients and improving your everyday cooking, I have something for you. I’ve finished my e-book called “How to Cook Without a Recipe” and I’m sharing it with you FOR FREE! You will learn:
- How to cook without relying on recipes?
- How to improve your cooking using a simple flavor formula?
- How to combine different tastes to make your dish more flavorful?
- What it takes to create a harmony of flavor in a dish?
- How to simply enhance the flavor of a dish?
- What factors influence the perception of taste?
My hope is to help you improvise in the kitchen and create mouth-watering dishes on your own without being dependent on recipes. The concept presented in this book is for you to develop your own recipes and impress your family and friends. Learn about taste, texture, smell and appearance and apply this to your everyday cooking. Become a creative chef in your own kitchen! I hope you enjoy this e-book and I’m thrilled to know what you think! Please share your feedback and let me know if you like my book.
Here is a recipe for my roasted sweet potato with beluga lentils and feta cheese.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Beluga Lentils and Feta Cheese: Meatless Monday Dinner
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- black pepper
- 120 grams or 1/2 cup black beluga lentils
- 80 grams or 3 oz feta cheese diced
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C or 375 °F.
- Dice the sweet potatoes without peeling them and put them in a large heat-proof skillet or casserole in one layer, if possible. Drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Boil beluga lentils in a covered pot with sufficient amount of water for 20 minutes. If using other types of lentils, increase the cooking time to 30 minutes. Drain and add them to the casserole with sweet potatoes together with diced feta cheese and roast for the remaining time or until done. Enjoy!
P.S: Check out my last week’s Meatless Monday dinner recipe: Vegan Cauliflower Stew with Broccoli, Chick Peas and Kale.