Creamy Pumpkin Puree with Mushrooms and Garlicky Pumpkin Oil: a 15 minutes easy recipe for a seasonal vegetarian dinner, packed with fall flavors.
Who doesn’t like mashed potatoes? I loved them as a child and I still love them now. I was looking for a lighter version of it and I’ve got a very easy solution: creamy pumpkin puree! I used it as a side to my favorite “go-to” 5-minutes creamy mushrooms recipe, which goes well with any grains, pasta or vegetables. It turned out to be a comforting seasonal meal, which takes 15 minutes to make, if you have pre-roasted your pumpkin or use pumpkin puree! If you are looking for quick seasonal dinner ideas, here you go: roast your pumpkin in the oven as shown here or here and make new healthy seasonal dishes every day! Here are some good examples:
- Delicious and Low-Caloric Pumpkin Waffles Topped with Homemade Prickly Pear Cactus Jam and Condensed Milk
- Vegan Pumpkin Leek Soup with Smoked Paprika and Homemade Spelt Crackers
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Chick Peas and Tofu Dip
- Vegan Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto “Quinotto”
- Kale Pumpkin Salad with Feta and Pesto Dressing
Well, I don’t have to tell you how awesome pumpkin is. I wish it could be in season all year round. There is so much you can do with it, be it breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or dessert!
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Puree with Mushrooms and Garlicky Pumpkin Oil
Check the recipe for creamy pumpkin puree with mushrooms and garlicky pumpkin oil below. I hope you enjoy!
Creamy Pumpkin Puree with Mushrooms and Garlic Oil
- 1 medium-sized Hokkaido pumpkin or equivalent pumpkin or 2 cans pumpkin puree Red kuri squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seed oil
- 250 grams or 1/2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 100 grams or 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- If using fresh pumpkin: Preheat the oven to to 180 ºC or 350 ºF. Cut pumpkin in halves and remove seeds. Put two halves in a baking dish or tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes. Finely chop parsley and garlic. Combine with pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and an onion. Heat a large skillet or pan and add a lug of olive oil. Fry mushrooms and onions over medium-high heat until golden (about 3-4 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add chopped rosemary, crème fraîche and mix well. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Boil your milk with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg in a pot or microwave.
- If using pumpkin puree: complete steps 2-4. Heat the pumpkin puree in the microwave, then combine with milk.
- Arrange pumpkin puree and mushroom on plates and pour some pumpkin oil on top.