No-Bake Cheesecake Jars which are impressive, healthy, quick and easy to make. Make them ahead for any occasion, eat right away or take them with you.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthier, you are probably wondering what desserts are good for you and delicious at the same time. Desserts don’t have to contain a lot of sugar to be tasty! Let me suggest: easy, quick and healthy treat: no-bake cheesecake jars. Clean eating is all about moderation and including as much of unprocessed food in your diet as possible. It’s still OK to enjoy a piece of cake once in a while. But it’s also possible to make your desserts more healthy without losing in taste. Here are some tips for you:
- Less sugar, more fruits, less egg yolks.
- Consider substituting sifted whole wheat flour or ground nuts for white flour.
- Use agave syrup or dates instead of sugar.
- Add fruits and vegetables like sweet potatoes in your muffins, brownies or cakes to make them moist.
- Use mashed banana, avocado, pumpkin puree, flaxseed meal or applesauce for binding.
- Applesauce can replace half of oil or butter in a recipe.
- Dark chocolate is good for you!
- Add spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, vanilla, turmeric and black pepper. They have a number of health benefits and they make your desserts taste great.
- Adding oatmeal gives your deserts a nutty flavor and a healthy spin.
- You don’t have to substitute all the unhealthy ingredients at once, but if you do, I would like to know about the result! 🙂
Here is an easy recipe of no-bake cheesecake with apples and cranberries which is actually healthy. Little individual jars make it cute and great for any occasion. It’s easily portable, too, so you can take it with you wherever you want or give it as a gift. Children will love it!