Pears and Blue Cheese Appetizer: Easy, delicious and fancy appetizer for special occasions. You only need 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make it!
I have something that is easy and yet fancy for you today: Pears and Blue Cheese Appetizer. I love this pairing. Together with cheese plates, eggplant rolls and Russian mushroom caviar it’s one of my favorite go-to finger food recipes to serve at parties. The idea to serve pears stuffed with blue cheese is so obvious and yet new to many people. It will change the way you think about appetizers. It looks fancy and mouthwatering and it tastes amazing. It most certainly deserves a place on your Christmas table! The best thing is: you only need 4 ingredients to make it: pears, blue cheese, walnuts and lemon juice. It’s also very easy to make. You cut pears in quarters, remove seeds, remove a bit of flesh from your pear boats (using a melon baller or a coffee spoon). Then sprinkle the boats with lemon juice and mix the pear flesh with blue cheese. Stuff it in and sprinkle it with grinded walnuts. Done. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes. To speed up the process, you can grind walnuts using this Tupperware chopper as it takes less than a minute! Check the full recipe below and make this appetizer for the next party you will be hosting!
Pears and Blue Cheese Appetizer
- 3 ripe pears
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200 grams or 7 oz blue cheese ex. gorgonzola
- 60 grams or 1/2 cup walnuts
- Cut pears in quarters, remove seeds and remove a bit of flesh from your pear boats (using a melon baller or a coffee spoon).
- Sprinkle the boats with lemon juice. Use a spoon to mix the pear flesh with blue cheese. Stuff it in using a cheese knife. Sprinkle with ground walnuts. Enjoy!
P.S. Here are some more ideas on how to pair cheeses with fruits.