Top-50 Vegan Sides to serve at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table! Veganized classic and non-traditional side dishes, as well as stuffing, potato dishes, bread and muffins and condiments. Everything you need for your foolproof vegan Thanksgiving menu!
Planning your vegan Thanksgiving menu can be so overwhelming! How do you replace the turkey? What about the stuffing? How to avoid dairy in your mashed potatoes and green bean casserole? How to veganize familiar dishes in THE BEST way? How to make meat eaters ask for an extra portion?
So here is my ultimate list of vegan Thanksgiving sides, from macaroni and cheese to sweet potato casserole, delicious stuffing recipes, mashed potatoes, bread and rolls, condiments and so much more!
These recipes are carefully selected to make your Thanksgiving preparation FOOLPROOF and your menu gorgeous! Choose from 10 best recipes in each category: sides, stuffing, potato dishes, breads and muffins and condiments.
A huge thanks to my fellow blogger friends who have kindly submitted these amazing recipes! I can’t wait to try some of them for Thanksgiving this year!
These recipes go beyond classics. I made sure to include veganized all-time favorites but if you are looking for something a little more special, I got you covered.
How about serving Georgian plum sauce instead of traditional cranberry sauce? Or potato croquettes instead of mashed potatoes? Sometimes WE are in charge of creating our family traditions, so why not make your vegan Thanksgiving a thing?
Now let me introduce you to the 50 best vegan Thanksgiving sides (perfect for Christmas as well!). You can scroll through a quick slideshow in this vegan Thanksgiving sides web story.
Let me know which recipes you plan to include to your Thanksgiving vegan menu this year in the comments down below 🙂
Vegan Thanksgiving Sides
These quick balsamic glazed brussels sprouts are crispy, lightly sweet and utterly delicious. Perfect healthy and easy vegan side dish for your holiday menu ready in 20 minutes!
2. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
The best balsamic-maple roasted Brussels sprouts with butternut squash, pecans, cranberries and avocado roasted garlic dressing. Ultimate healthy vegan Thanksgiving side dish ready in just 40 minutes!
3. Vegan Green Bean Casserole by Food Faith Fitness
You’ll never believe this rich, creamy dairy free vegan green bean casserole is gluten free, paleo friendly and whole30 compliant! Perfect for a healthy Thanksgiving!
4. Silky Vegan Mac and Cheese by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Silky and cheesy Vegan Mac and Cheese: Delicious vegan take on an ultimate comfort food classic. Packed with veggies and plant-based protein, this easy 30-minute vegan mac ’n’ cheese recipe will become your family favorite!
5. Maple cinnamon butternut squash by Rhubarbarians
Vegan roasted maple cinnamon butternut squash! Loaded with cranberries and pecans. The perfect holiday side dish for your Thanksgiving table!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Sides
6. Chilli Garlic Green Beans by Oh My Veggies
7. Maple Butternut Puree with Crispy Sage by Garlic & Zest
8. Healthy Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole by Wholesome Yum
9. Easy Vegan Creamed Corn by Living Vegan
10. Cranberry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Thyme & Love
Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing
11. The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing by Strength & Sunshine
Thanksgiving is never complete without some of The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing! Impress your guests with this essential side dish recipe that’s safe for all food allergies, loved by all, and may just become the new star of the show!
12. Low Carb Paleo Cauliflower Stuffing by Wholesome Yum
Need an easy low carb paleo stuffing for Thanksgiving? Try this cauliflower stuffing recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
13. Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing by Detoxinista
A naturally gluten-free stuffing made with wild rice and meaty mushrooms.
14. Farro with Leeks, Mushrooms, and Chestnuts by Umami Girl
This festive make-ahead farro with leeks, mushrooms and chestnuts makes for a satisfying vegan stuffing that your guests would love!
15. Cranberry Apple Freekeh Stuffing by The Mediterranean Dish
Wholesome cranberry apple freekeh stuffing makes for a hearty vegan dish that anyone will enjoy.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes
16. Vegan Southern-Style Cornbread Dressing by Fat-free Vegan Kitchen
17. Vegan Sourdough Bread Stuffing by Vegan Huggs
18. Apple Cranberry Stuffing by Veggie Primer
19. Vegan Stuffing with Mushrooms by Veggie Inspired
20. Stuffing-Muffins with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy by The Colorful Kitchen
Vegan Thanksgiving Potato Dishes
21. Easy Baked Potato Wedges by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and perfectly crispy oven Baked Potato Wedges will become your go-to side dish or appetizer. Much healthier than french fries and the tastiest potatoes you’ll ever taste!
22. Vegan Mashed Potatoes by Nora Cooks
Vegan Mashed Potatoes made in the Instant Pot (with a stovetop option)! These potatoes are SO creamy and fluffy without any butter, milk or even vegan butter. 25 minutes from start to finish!
23. Vegan Potato Dauphinoise Gratin by Rhian’s Recipes
This Vegan Potato Dauphinoise Gratin is the perfect rich and indulgent yet surprisingly healthy side dish.
24. Authentic German Potato Salad by Masala Herb
Warm authentic German potato salad from Bavaria. The recipe is fairly simple and comes together really quickly too. Enjoy this simple but delicious salad as a salad side dish with various meals.
25. Vegan Potato Croquettes by Elephantastic Vegan
Recipe for vegan Potato Croquettes – the perfect side dish for festive Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside – just like they should be!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Potato Recipes
26. The Best Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes by The Pretty Bee
27. Easy Roasted Potato Gratin by Living Vegan
28. Creamy Garlic Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes by Brooklyn Farm Girl
29. Avocado Mashed Potatoes with Porcini Gravy by Very Vegan Val
30. Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes by Veganosity
Vegan Thanksgiving Breads and Muffins
31. Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe, made with whole grain flour, chia seeds, maple syrup, walnuts, beer and malt. Delicious, vegan and packed with nutrients!
32. Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls by The Curious Chickpea
These soft whole wheat dinner rolls are made with 100% whole wheat flour and bake up so pillowy and tender. They are perfect for serving alongside soup, salad, light meals or your holiday meals!
33. Easy No-Knead Beer Bread by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and crusty no-knead 5-ingredient beer bread recipe. Sweet, delicious, healthy and nutritious bread with a little prickliness.
34. The Best Vegan Cornbread by The Pretty Bee
Light and fluffy vegan cornbread is perfect when smeared with vegan buttery spread. Serve this alongside your favorite chili recipe!
35. Garlic & Chive Dinner Muffins by The Vegan 8
These garlic and chive dinner muffins have an incredible texture that is really light, soft and fluffy. They are delicious on their own or great served with soup or stews. These would even be delicious served with a lentil loaf!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Bread Recipes
36. 3 Ingredient Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Bread by Vegan Guide To The Galaxy
37. Cornbread with Roasted Tomato and Sunflower Seeds by Very Vegan Val
38. Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread by Veggie Inspired
39. Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls by Ruchis Kitchen
40. Vegan Sweet Potato Buns by Vegan Richa
Vegan Thanksgiving Condiments
41. Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce by She Wears Many Hats
When it comes to preparing the traditional holiday meal, Homemade Cranberry Sauce has got to be the easiest, if not most colorful, dish to prepare.
42. Tkemali – Georgian Plum Sauce by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Why not try something a little different this year and make this flavorful and nutrient-dense Georgian plum sauce (tkemali) that is a great healthier alternative to ketchup or cranberry sauce. Use this sweet-sour vibrant condiment for almost about everything: grilled food, roasted veggies, burgers, potato wedges, any kind of protein, in salad dressings, as a bread spread and so much more!
43. Super Simple Vegan Gravy by Connoisseurus Veg
Pour it on your mashed potatoes. Pour it on everything! This vegan gravy is super simple, super delicious, and requires only seven ingredients to make.
44. Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce by Three Olives Branch
A quick and simple way to upgrade your holiday meal, this Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce is packed full of flavor. Ready in just 10 minutes, this sauce will become a staple at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and your other holiday dinners.
45. Cranberry and Dried Cherry Sauce by Taste and See
Cranberry and Dried Cherry Sauce is my all time favorite way to eat cranberries! It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart with Dried Tart Cherries, fresh cranberries, allspice, a cinnamon stick, and cranberry concentrate.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Condiment Recipes
46. Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Pear Sauce by Veggie Inspired
47. Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce by Beyond The Chicken Coop
48. Instant Pot Maple Cranberry Sauce by Imagelicious
49. Vegan Porcini Mushroom Gravy by Veganosity
50. Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Apples by Culinary Hill
Make sure to check my other posts for your Thanksgiving menu: vegan appetizers, salads and soups, main courses and desserts (see links above).
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving sides? Which recipes do you plan to include in your Thanksgiving menu this year? Please leave a comment below and share your menu!