Top-50 Vegan Side Dishes to serve at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table! Veganized classic and non-traditional side dishes, as well as stuffing, potato dishes, bread and muffins and condiments. Everything you need for your foolproof vegan Thanksgiving menu!
Planning your vegan Thanksgiving menu can be so overwhelming! How do you replace the turkey? What about the stuffing? How to avoid dairy in your mashed potatoes and green bean casserole? How to veganize familiar dishes in THE BEST way? How to make meat eaters ask for an extra portion?
So here is my ultimate list of vegan side dishes for Thanksgiving, from macaroni and cheese to sweet potato casserole, delicious stuffing recipes, mashed potatoes, bread and rolls, condiments and so much more!
These recipes are carefully selected to make your Thanksgiving preparation FOOLPROOF and your menu gorgeous! Choose from 10 best recipes in each category: side dishes, stuffing, potato dishes, breads and muffins and condiments. A huge thanks to my fellow blogger friends who have kindly submitted these amazing recipes! I can’t wait to try some of them for Thanksgiving this year!
These recipes go beyond classics. I made sure to include veganized all-time favorites but if you are looking for something a little more special, I got you covered.
How about serving Georgian plum sauce instead of traditional cranberry sauce? Or potato croquettes instead of mashed potatoes? Sometimes WE are in charge of creating our family traditions, so why not make your vegan Thanksgiving a thing?
Now let me introduce you to the 50 best vegan side dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Let me know which ones you want to include in your menu in the comments down below 🙂
Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes
1. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
The best balsamic-maple roasted Brussels sprouts with butternut squash, pecans, cranberries and avocado roasted garlic dressing. Ultimate healthy vegan Thanksgiving side dish ready in just 40 minutes!
2. Vegan Green Bean Casserole by Food Faith Fitness
You’ll never believe this rich, creamy dairy free vegan green bean casserole is gluten free, paleo friendly and whole30 compliant! Perfect for a healthy Thanksgiving!
3. Silky Vegan Mac and Cheese by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Silky and cheesy Vegan Mac and Cheese: Delicious vegan take on an ultimate comfort food classic. Packed with veggies and plant-based protein, this easy 30-minute vegan mac ’n’ cheese recipe will become your family favorite!
4. Healthy Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole by Wholesome Yum
This butternut squash cauliflower casserole (healthy low carb sweet potato casserole) tastes like sweet potatoes, but is sugar-free, paleo, keto & whole 30.
5. Maple cinnamon butternut squash by Rhubarbarians
Vegan roasted maple cinnamon butternut squash! Loaded with cranberries and pecans. The perfect holiday side dish for your Thanksgiving table!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes:
Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing
11. The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing by Strength & Sunshine
Thanksgiving is never complete without some of The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing! Impress your guests with this essential side dish recipe that’s safe for all food allergies, loved by all, and may just become the new star of the show!
12. Low Carb Paleo Cauliflower Stuffing by Wholesome Yum
Need an easy low carb paleo stuffing for Thanksgiving? Try this cauliflower stuffing recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
13. Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing by Detoxinista
A naturally gluten-free stuffing made with wild rice and meaty mushrooms.
14. Farro with Leeks, Mushrooms, and Chestnuts by Umami Girl
This festive make-ahead farro with leeks, mushrooms and chestnuts makes for a satisfying vegan stuffing that your guests would love!
15. Cranberry Apple Freekeh Stuffing by The Mediterranean Dish
Wholesome cranberry apple freekeh stuffing makes for a hearty vegan dish that anyone will enjoy.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes:
21. Easy Baked Potato Wedges by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and perfectly crispy oven Baked Potato Wedges will become your go-to side dish or appetizer. Much healthier than french fries and the tastiest potatoes you’ll ever taste!
22. Vegan Mashed Potatoes by Nora Cooks
Vegan Mashed Potatoes made in the Instant Pot (with a stovetop option)! These potatoes are SO creamy and fluffy without any butter, milk or even vegan butter. 25 minutes from start to finish!
23. Vegan Potato Dauphinoise Gratin by Rhian’s Recipes
This Vegan Potato Dauphinoise Gratin is the perfect rich and indulgent yet surprisingly healthy side dish.
24. Authentic German Potato Salad by Masala Herb
Warm authentic German potato salad from Bavaria. The recipe is fairly simple and comes together really quickly too. Enjoy this simple but delicious salad as a salad side dish with various meals.
25. Vegan Potato Croquettes by Elephantastic Vegan
Recipe for vegan Potato Croquettes – the perfect side dish for festive Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside – just like they should be!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Potato Recipes:
- The Best Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes by The Pretty Bee
- Easy Roasted Potato Gratin by Living Vegan
- Creamy Garlic Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes by Brooklyn Farm Girl
- Avocado Mashed Potatoes with Porcini Gravy by Very Vegan Val
- Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes by Veganosity
Vegan Thanksgiving Breads and Muffins
31. Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe, made with whole grain flour, chia seeds, maple syrup, walnuts, beer and malt. Delicious, vegan and packed with nutrients!
32. Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls by The Curious Chickpea
These soft whole wheat dinner rolls are made with 100% whole wheat flour and bake up so pillowy and tender. They are perfect for serving alongside soup, salad, light meals or your holiday meals!
33. Easy No-Knead Beer Bread by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Easy and crusty no-knead 5-ingredient beer bread recipe. Sweet, delicious, healthy and nutritious bread with a little prickliness.
34. The Best Vegan Cornbread by The Pretty Bee
Light and fluffy vegan cornbread is perfect when smeared with vegan buttery spread. Serve this alongside your favorite chili recipe!
35. Garlic & Chive Dinner Muffins by The Vegan 8
These garlic and chive dinner muffins have an incredible texture that is really light, soft and fluffy. They are delicious on their own or great served with soup or stews. These would even be delicious served with a lentil loaf!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Bread Recipes:
- 3 Ingredient Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Bread by Vegan Guide To The Galaxy
- Cornbread with Roasted Tomato and Sunflower Seeds by Very Vegan Val
- Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread by Veggie Inspired
- Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls by Ruchis Kitchen
- Vegan Sweet Potato Buns by Two Green Peas
Vegan Thanksgiving Condiments
41. Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce by She Wears Many Hats
When it comes to preparing the traditional holiday meal, Homemade Cranberry Sauce has got to be the easiest, if not most colorful, dish to prepare.
42. Tkemali – Georgian Plum Sauce by Happy Kitchen.Rocks
Why not try something a little different this year and make this flavorful and nutrient-dense Georgian plum sauce (tkemali) that is a great healthier alternative to ketchup or cranberry sauce. Use this sweet-sour vibrant condiment for almost about everything: grilled food, roasted veggies, burgers, potato wedges, any kind of protein, in salad dressings, as a bread spread and so much more!
43. Super Simple Vegan Gravy by Connoisseurus Veg
Pour it on your mashed potatoes. Pour it on everything! This vegan gravy is super simple, super delicious, and requires only seven ingredients to make.
44. Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce by Three Olives Branch
A quick and simple way to upgrade your holiday meal, this Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce is packed full of flavor. Ready in just 10 minutes, this sauce will become a staple at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and your other holiday dinners.
45. Cranberry and Dried Cherry Sauce by Taste and See
Cranberry and Dried Cherry Sauce is my all time favorite way to eat cranberries! It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart with Dried Tart Cherries, fresh cranberries, allspice, a cinnamon stick, and cranberry concentrate.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Condiment Recipes:
- Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Pear Sauce by Veggie Inspired
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce by Beyond The Chicken Coop
- Instant Pot Maple Cranberry Sauce by Imagelicious
- Vegan Porcini Mushroom Gravy by Veganosity
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Apples by Culinary Hill
Make sure to check my other posts for your Thanksgiving menu: vegan appetizers, salads and soups and main courses. Stay tuned for the last post in this series which is… Any guesses? That’s right, vegan Thanksgiving desserts 🙂
Which recipes do you plan to include in your Thanksgiving menu? Please leave a comment below and share your menu!