Delicious and easy silky vegan cauliflower soup recipe ready in less than 30 minutes! Rich, creamy, healthy and comforting winter soup packed with nutrients.
If there is anything creamy, rich, delicious, comforting, satisfying, healthy and super easy to make at the same time, one of the first dishes that come to my mind is this silky vegan cauliflower soup (and maybe this roasted butternut squash soup as well).
It’s so nice to enjoy it on a chilly winter day along with a comforting vegan main course like this vegan casserole.
It’s perfect in its simplicity: minimum ingredients and time involved, maximum flavor and nutritious value, beautiful and simple garnishes.
What an elegant choice for coming Valentines Day dinner along with roasted beet hummus, don’t you think?
The texture is incredible: Silky, creamy, velvety, rich cauliflower puree with coconut milk topped with crunchy pomegranate seeds.
The flavor is rather sweet with a little tart note from the pomegranate seeds. I like to balance the sweetness with a dash of lemon juice. You should try it, too!
You can’t go wrong with an elegant soup as an appetizer for your Valentines Day dinner.
This year I’m not planning anything fancy since I’m busy with my little baby boy 90% of my time (follow me on Instagram for cute baby pictures! 🙂
For this reason simple and elegant cauliflower soup seems like a great choice!
From the nutritional point of view, cauliflower is one of the healthiest foods out there. It’s rich in nutrients and antioxidants not found in many other vegetables.
On top of that, it has a high vitamin C content and is rich in vitamin K. Including cauliflower in your daily diet is definitely a right thing to do if you want to pursue a healthy lifestyle!
This soup is naturally vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and dairy-free and low carb. Not to mention delicious and super flavorful!
How to Make Silky Vegan Cauliflower Soup
It takes less than 30 minutes to make this silky vegan cauliflower soup. Start with dividing the cauliflower head into florets or roughly chopping it.
You can use the leaves if you want (in fact, I hate wasting food, so I usually find use for everything) but they will change the color of the soup. So if you want your cauliflower soup to be purely white like on the picture, discard the leaves.
Next step is to sautée minced garlic, add vegetable stock or water, thyme sprigs and cauliflower florets.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is nice and tender.
Discard the thyme and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender or food processor. You might want to work in batches.
I love my Phillips blender, so I can’t recommend it enough for blending soups, smoothies, sauces, cauliflower rice (you have to try it!), and what not. I couldn’t be more satisfied with a blender! That’s a piece of kitchen equipment I most certainly can’t live without.
Last step is to add light coconut milk and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Silky Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower or 1/2 head large cauliflower about 500 g or 1 lb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 350 ml or 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 120 ml or 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds to garnish
- 2 sprigs thyme to garnish
- Divide the cauliflower head into florets or roughly chop it. You can use the leaves if you want but they will change the color of the soup. If you want your cauliflower soup to be purely white like on the picture, discard the leaves.
- Sautée minced garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until fragrant, for about 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock or water, thyme sprigs and cauliflower florets. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is nice and !
- Discard the thyme and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender or food processor. You might want to work in batches.
- Add light coconut milk and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Have a great Valentines Day!