Beetroot Towers with Goat Cheese and Green Sauce Dressing: Impressive and fancy entrée ready in 10 minutes! Garnished with ground cherries, garden cress and walnuts.
One of the simplest ways to enjoy beetroots is to pair them with goat cheese. I’ve made these Beetroot Towers with Goat Cheese as an entrée for a date night and I think it was an excellent choice. They look so fancy and impressive with minimum ingredients and efforts! They are easy to assemble and they taste really great! I garnished them with ground cherries, garden cress, walnuts and mojo verde-based dressing. You can also use regular basil pesto instead, but the flavor will be slightly different.
To prepare these towers, first of all you need to roast your beetroots. I did it in advance, so it only took me 10 minutes to assemble the towers! You can roast them 1 or 2 days in advance which makes these towers really quick and effortless to prepare. To roast your beetroots, preheat the oven to 180 ºC or 350 ºF. Take a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap 2 beetroots. I had four, so I wrapped each pair of beetroots separately not to overcrowd them. Put washed, dried and unpealed on the sheet of foil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil and wrap them tightly. Put them in the oven for 40 minutes. To test the readiness, unwrap the foil and slightly poke a beetroot in the middle. If you fell like it’s going too hard, give it more time in the oven. The readiness depends largely on the size of your beetroots.
After you’ve roasted them and let them cool down, you just need to peel and slice them and spread the goat cheese on each slice. Then you assemble the towers and garnish them with with ground cherries, garden cress, walnuts and mojo verde-based dressing, made of mojo verde, olive oil and honey. That’s it! If you make these towers in advance, the goat cheese will turn pink which has no influence on the taste and looks pretty, too. If you want it to be white though, assemble your towers directly before serving.
So, here is the recipe for my Beetroot Towers with Goat Cheese. To give you some more ideas for your romantic menu, check some of my favorite date night entrée recipes below.
Beetroot Towers with Goat Cheese
For the towers:
- 2 roasted beetroots
- 120 grams or 1 cup soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons garden cress
- 2 ground cherries to garnish
- Slice the roasted beetroots into 5-7 slices horizontally (depending on their size). Spread the goat cheese on each slice and assemble together in two towers. Sprinkle with walnuts and garden cress.
- Make the dressing: combine mojo verde, olive oil and honey.
- Pour the dressing over beetroot towers and garnish with ground cherries. Enjoy!
Other Date Night Recipes You’ll Love:
- Pears and Blue Cheese Appetizer
- French Style Stuffed Eggplants
- Beetroot Salad with Persimmon, Kale and Goat Cheese
- Georgian Eggplant Rolls with Walnuts
- Beetroot Carpaccio with Orange Mustard Vinaigrette
What is your favorite entrée? Please leave a comment below!